Bio‑Oil is a specialist skincare oil that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. It is also effective for aging and dehydrated skin. Its enhanced formulation, which contains the breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil™, also makes it highly effective for numerous other skin concerns, including ageing, dehydrated and sun burnt skin.
I have been using Bio-Oil for as long as I can remember, as it is so versatile and can be used for a lot more than just assisting with the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. Over the years, I have found it extremely useful and a great addition to my beauty routine…as it can be used for everything from make-up removal to hair conditioning.
Selection of Bio-Oil inspired beauty tips :
Skin – Face & Body
- Lip conditioner – keep your lips soft and moistured by applying a small amount of Bio-Oil at least twice a day
- Condition nails and cuticles
- Skin moisturiser – massage it into skin your dry spots, such as elbows and heels to keep them soft and moisturised
- Sooth sunburn – apply to your skin after sunburn to prevent peeling and help sooth the burn
- Relaxing and moisturing bath – place a few drops of Bio-Oil into your bath water to condition your skin and help you relax
- Pre-shave treatment – rub onto your legs to soften your skin and help prevent cuts and nicks while shaving
- Smooth on freshly plucked eye brows to soothe your irritated skin and reduce redness
- Seal in your spray tan by rubbing some Bio-Oil all over before showering
- Massage oil – have your partner rub away your tension while the calming scents of lavender, calendula and rosemary oils helps you to relax and moisturise your skin simultaneously
- Facial – add a few drops of Bio-Oil to a bowl of warm water. Soak a facecloth in the water and place it over your face for five minutes – the hotter the water the better. Just be careful not to burn yourself
- Dewy natural look – mix a few drops of Bio-Oil with to your foundation for a more natural, sheer look
- Wet eye look – mix a few drops of Bio-Oil with your eye shadow for a creamy ‘wet look’ finish
- Mix a drop with bronzer for a dewy glow.
- Primer – apply a drop of Bio-Oil to your face, allow to dry before applying your foundation. This will help your foundation go on smoothly, as well as assist with uneven skin tone and dry skin
- Highlighting sheen – dab a little Boi-Oil to your cheekbones for a pretty natural glow
- Make-up Remover – place a little bit of Bio-Oil on a cotton ball and apply to your face to your remove make-up. It is safe to use on your eyes, as it helps condition your lashes during the process
- Dry scalp – Add a few drops to your shampoo to reduce scalp itching and flaking. Alternatively, massage a small amount into your roots to soothe your dry scalp
- Use a drop of Bio-Oil to hydrate dry ends or finger-comb it into your hair to tame fly-aways wisps of hair
Related articles across the web
More from my site