This post was totally inspired by one of my friends and fellow blogger, Mel from Mel’s Corner. We have been friends for about 8 or 9 years (yes I can’t remember exactly…it’s old age I tell you) and I learnt something new about her after reading her post – love that!
Here is a list of all the essential things that you need to know about me if we are to ever be friends or at least all the ones I can think of…I’m sure my friend’s would give a lot more crazy accounts.
- I have a peanut butter addiction…peanut butter makes the world a better place…when paired with bacon I am in heaven. My husband thinks it’s crazy and disgusting but a peanut butter and bacon sarmie for breakfast is the best thing ever!
- I prefer pyjama’s to clothes…if you come to my house at any time of day unannounced there is a 99.9% chance I will be in my pyjama’s…actually even if you phone I will probably be in my pyjama’s…hehe!
- When I am home, even if my husband (Garith) is there, I prefer to go to the bathroom with the door open…that way my favourite kitty can some sit next me in the bath 🙂
- I am a bush baby at heart but a luxury bush baby…not the camping kind…give me a luxurious bush experience and I am happy!
- My pet hates include people who do not replace the toilet paper in the bathroom when they finish it…there is nothing worse than being desperate to pee and you need to run and get toilet paper…grrrrr! The other is people who finish the water in the kettle and then don’t fill it…see a pattern – you finish something replace it…it’s not brain science!
- I am the eldest child, I have a younger brother and there are 3 years between us.
- I have four cats but totally freak out if any of them bring any dead birds, lizards or rats into the house…I just can’t manage squidgy dead things…yuk!
- I have 4 tattoo’s and would like a few more…I think they are a true expression of one’s inner self and pieces of art…also they sexy 😉
- I DO NOT iron (and I also can’t iron) – I would rather wear wrinkled clothes than iron…so if you see me and I look like someone pulled me through a bush backwards…my maid is on leave! haha!
- I work for a PR company and hate speaking on the phone…yes I probably should have rethought that career choice…but I love my job and tolerate phone calls…hehe!
- I am a photographer but suck at pics with my iPhone, a point and click…actually any camera but my own…so please don’t ask me too…for your own sake!
- I am a cat lover…I have four of my own…so if you visit there will be cat hair everywhere…don’t wear black – I hardly ever do as it’s pointless!
- my skin and beauty routine is something to laugh about…there isn’t really one…sometimes I remember to put face cream on and sometimes I don’t…today is one of those don’t days!
- I have been with my husband for almost 10 years but have only been married for just less than 1 year and couldn’t imagine my life with anyone else…also not sure anyone else would put up with all my crazy!
- After getting married, I did not take my husband’s name and he was totally fine with it…so I am still and always will be Shelley Burt but still most Dr’s, Dentists, etc call me Mrs Botha…they can’t understand how people can be married and on the same medical aid with different names…it’s too confusing for them
- I love fast cars and to drive fast but only on my own…so you will be semi safe in my car (truth be told – I am not the best driver)
- I am a sugar lover rather than a savoury lover…if if I am ordering a salad I am wishing it was a giant bowl of cake, biscuits, sweets and all those good sugary things 🙂 Yes I would choose dessert every time!
- When I was younger, I always wanted to live overseas and never imagined I would be living in Africa…now I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else…Africa is so beautiful
I think that is pretty much me in a nut shell or in a very short bulleted summary.
So what about you? What do I need to know?
More from my site