The other night, I was desperate for something sweet and also to use up the zucchini’s in the fridge…I was so chuffed when I searched the Thermomix website and came across a recipe for chocolate zucchini muffins. My recipe is similar to the original, I just added a more spices, as I find they enhance the chocolate flavour, to make them super yummy.
The idea that they have hidden veggies, is great for moms that are struggling to get their kids to eat some veggies. and, the kids won’t even know or notice that they have veggies in, as they really are so delicious!
BUT…Please, don’t get me wrong these muffins are delicious and probably a little ‘healthier’ than a normal muffin, but they are not healthy as they still contain sugar and should be eaten in moderation… like everything in life 🙂
- You can make them without a Thermomix, just grate the zucchini or whizz it up in a food processor and make the batter in the appliance, you normally would
- They make fantastic cupcakes, just add some icing & sprinkles – they are amazing with a cream cheese icing
- They freeze amazingly well, just pop them in a freezer safe container in your freezer. When you want one, just take it out and put it in the microwave for less than a minute to heat up, then eat & enjoy
- They make great snacks for the whole family – my husband loves taking one to work to have with coffee
- I used good quality & dark cocoa powder (NOMU Dark, Rich Cocoa Powder), so I’m not sure how chocolatey they will be with a different type, but experiment and feel free to share your findings with me
More from my site