There is just so many ways to decorate biscuits and cookies…if you spend just 10 minutes googling you will find hundreds and hundreds of ideas. So I am now going to share the biscuits myself and Angelique made for a friends baby shower (yes the baby shower was months ago but hey).
We made cute teapots biscuits, which we decorated with white and yellow flowers. We bought the flowers from Kadies, in Fourways. You can also buy awesome cookie cutters at Kadies. Click here for the sugar cookie recipe.
Love these biscuits as they are simple and elegant.
How to make button biscuits :
- Use my sugar cookie recipe to make the dough.
- Roll the dough to about 1 – 2 cm thick.
- Using 2 different sizes round cookie cutters, you will make the button. The bigger round cookie cutter will be pressed all the way through the dough to make the outside of the button. To make the inside ridge, use the smaller round cookie cutter and gently press it in the middle. Be carefull not to push it all the way through.
- Now using a standard straw, push out the two holes.
- Carefully place on a baking tray and bake.
- Repeat until you have used all the dough or made enough button biscuits
Just remember to be creative and have fun when making sugar biscuits or any other kind. If you need any advice or help, just comment below and will gladly assist 🙂
Related articles across the web
More from my site